Monday, March 18, 2013

Middle School tanka

My eyes bulge in fear
water streaming through the door.
I plead for safety
I envision my future
But death is all I can see.
    -Justin McAauliffe

Empty house and soul
shattered portraits of loved ones
How could you live on?
When everything is destroyed.
My hopes go to survivors.
    -Courtney Halverson

A window shattered
Pieces of lives on the ground
Heart break and losses
So we pick up the pieces
To fix the broken window.
    -Andy Takagi

Screams echo, eyes tear.
Their cries are heard as if we
were there, really there.
Not just watching on TV.
Huge waves destroy Tohoku.
    -Lisa Watanuki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and won't appear immediately. Upon approval by an author they will appear below the post. We look forward to reading your constructive feedback and thoughts on the writing on this blog.